Adam Carolla to Deliver Keynote AFM Production Conference
He will discuss how he used crowdfunding to raise over $1.4 million to make his upcoming movie "Road Hard."
Adam Carolla will discuss how he raised $1.4 million using crowdfunding to make his upcoming movie Road Hard when he gives the keynote address at the American Film Market production conference on Nov. 10.
Carolla, who hosts The Adam Carolla Show podcast, previously made the independent feature The Hammer (2007), but said Thursday in a radio interview on KFI in Los Angeles that he didn’t want to go through the hassles of raising money the traditional way, so he turned to crowdfunding through FundAnything.com.
Carolla is writing, directing and will star in Road Hard, which he expects to put into production in December with a release sometime in the middle of 2014, according to his radio interview.
"Adam Carolla is an innovator, trendsetter and successful entrepreneur," said Jonathan Wolf, AFM Managing Director.
Carolla, who co-stared with Jimmy Kimmel on The Man Show for Comedy Central, does a weekly segment on The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News called Rollin' With Carolla. He is author of two books, Not Taco Bell Material and In Fifty Years We’ll All Be Chicks, and has a side business selling Mangria, which is a mix of wine, vodka and fruit.
Carolla also is an automobile enthusiasts and won the Toyota Grand Prix this year in the pro category and last year as a celebrity, making him the only person to have won both titles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR