Adam Lambert on His Grammy Nomination: 'I Earned My Success'
The "American Idol" Season 8 runner-up tells THR he hopes a Grammy nod will "help fade some of the stigma that comes from rising to fame on a competition show."
If there was any question as to whether American Idol is capable of spawning credible, Grammy-worthy artists, Adam Lambert is out to prove the naysayers wrong. The Season 8 runner-up, who joins past Idol alum nominees Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, and Jennifer Hudson, among others, is nominated for best male pop vocal performance for "Whataya Want From Me," the second single off his 2009 debut, For Your Entertainment. The song was originally intended for Pink -- and, in fact was written by her along with Max Martin and Shellback -- but like all things Lambert, he made it his own.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR