Adam Mazer Inks Deal to Pen HBO's 'Big Girls' Pilot
The "You Don't Know Jack" writer will base script on Susanna Moore's 2007 book; Joel Schumacher attached to direct pilot.
Adam Mazer is back in business with HBO.
The Emmy-winning screenwriter is set to pen a pilot based on the 2007 book, The Big Girls, written by Susanna Moore (In the Cut). The project centers on a young psychiatrist at a maximum security women's prison who attempts to treat the criminally insane while grappling with her own damaged psyche.
The project is a reunion for Mazer at the premium cable network. He wrote the 2010 HBO telepic, You Don't Know Jack, starring Al Pacino as Jack Kevorkian. The project scored Emmy wins for its writing as well as its star.
Joel Schumacher is in discussions to direct the pilot, which will be produced by Electus' Ben Silverman (The Tudors, The Office, The Biggest Loser) and Original Media's Charlie Corwin (The Rachel Zoe Project, NY Ink, The Squid and the Whale).
Mazer is repped by ICM and Inphenate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR