Hollywood's Teflon Actors: The Six Stars Critics Can't Touch
On the heels of Adam Sandler's critically ridiculed "Jack and Jill," which scored a $26 million opening, THR honors the stars whose film careers seem to be bulletproof.
Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston consistently make poorly-rated films, yet audiences consistently turn out in droves to see their work.
Sandler's most recent box office entry, Jack and Jill, was shredded by critics. The Hollywood Reporter's David Rooney mocked the film's nursery rhyme title, saying, "It's an uphill battle for Jack and Jill with this leaky pail of comic swill."
But, against those odds, the film raked in $26 million its opening weekend. And, Sandler isn't the only one, whose movies seem to be immune to bad reviews.
Aniston's most recent Just Go With It (which also starred Sandler) made $103 million despite a 20% RottenTomatoes.com score.
And Ashton Kutcher holds the distinction of never having made a well-reviewed movie, but his films still bring in big bucks (What Happens in Vegas made $80.3 million and his most recent No Strings Attached brought in $70.7).
See the rest of THR's Teflon Actor Awards here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!