Adam Sandler to Star in Warner Bros. Romantic Comedy
Drew Barrymore has emerged as the frontrunner for the female lead in the project about blended families.
Adam Sandler has come aboard to star in Warner Bros.’ untitled romantic comedy that centers on blended families.
The project, which was initially called Blended when it was set up in 2007, centers on a man and a woman who, after a disastrous first date, get trapped at a family resort with their kids from previous marriages in tow. An attraction begins to grow despite comedic mishaps.
Happy Madison will produce with Mike Karz’s Gulfstream Pictures, and the project, which has no director at this point, will be the comedian’s next film. The move puts his Western comedy The Ridiculous 6, set up at Paramount, on the back burner for the time being.
For the Warners project, casting is proceeding apace to find the female lead. Sandra Bullock was previously attached to star when it was titled Blended and was not yet a Sandler vehicle. The name emerging now is that of Drew Barrymore, who co-starred with Sandler in the hits The Wedding Singer and Fifty First Dates.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR