Adam Wingard’s 'You’re Next' Scares Up Business for HanWay
Deal memos galore for Sharni Vinson, Joe Swanberg, A.J. Bowen, Nicholas Tucci and Barbara Crampton-starrer.
LONDON – Adam Wingard’s You’re Next is running out of territories to scare up business for as sales and finance house HanWay finds itself with ink drying on a slew of deal memos for the title.
The deals come hot-on-the-heels of a screening during Midnight Madness, the Toronto Film Festival sidebar.
Starring Sharni Vinson, Joe Swanberg, A.J. Bowen, Nicholas Tucci and Barbara Crampton, You’re Next was scripted by Simon Barrett and details the story of a family under attack from mysterious killers during a family reunion getaway.
HanWay managing director Thorsten Schumacher said the title has sold to more than 30 territories including a memo with Icon for the U.K. and Australia, Splendid in Germany and French Connection for France and Benelux countries.
Asmik Ace in Japan, Volga in CIS and Sun Distribution for Latin American territories also sealed deals for the title.
Snoot Entertainment’s Keith Calder and Jessica Wu produced the project with Simon Barrett and Kim Sherman.
Snoot’s past productions include The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Thunder Soul, and Bunraku.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty