Brooklyn Residents Campaign to Rename Park in Honor of Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch
Located in Brooklyn Heights, New York, Squibb Park is currently undergoing a transformation to become a skateboarding park.
After countless musical tributes to the Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, Brooklyn residents are setting their site on something a little more permanent.
Residents recently began a Facebook petition to rename Squibb Park, located in Brooklyn Heights, New York, in honor of the late MCA. According to the posting, the park is currently undergoing renovations to become a skateboarding facility and gateway to Brooklyn Bridge Park.
The park would sit directly across from the Harry Chapin Playground, named for the folk-rocker, humanitarian and fellow Brooklyn Heights resident who died in 1981.
The Beastie Boys had long been tied to the skateboarding and BMX community, with their music often featured alongside skateboarding events and videos. According to ESPN, Vision, Think Skateboard and New York City’s 5 Boro Skateboards have all released Beastie Boys skate decks over the years.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!