Brooklyn Residents Campaign to Rename Park in Honor of Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch
Located in Brooklyn Heights, New York, Squibb Park is currently undergoing a transformation to become a skateboarding park.
After countless musical tributes to the Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, Brooklyn residents are setting their site on something a little more permanent.
Residents recently began a Facebook petition to rename Squibb Park, located in Brooklyn Heights, New York, in honor of the late MCA. According to the posting, the park is currently undergoing renovations to become a skateboarding facility and gateway to Brooklyn Bridge Park.
The park would sit directly across from the Harry Chapin Playground, named for the folk-rocker, humanitarian and fellow Brooklyn Heights resident who died in 1981.
The Beastie Boys had long been tied to the skateboarding and BMX community, with their music often featured alongside skateboarding events and videos. According to ESPN, Vision, Think Skateboard and New York City’s 5 Boro Skateboards have all released Beastie Boys skate decks over the years.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR