Adele Cancels Remaining 2011 Shows to Undergo Throat Surgery
The singer announced that she must cancel the rest her U.S. and U.K. dates to "completely recuperate."
The silence continues for Adele, who announced that she will have to cancel the rest of her tour dates for 2011 to undergo throat surgery. The “Someone Like You” singer has been cancelling shows throughout the U.S. due to vocal illness.
“It is with deep regret that Adele has been forced to cancel her remaining live dates and promotional appearances in 2011,” reads the statement.
“She is to undergo surgery to alleviate the current issues with her throat and a full recovery is expected. As a result, doctors have ordered her to rest her voice and completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments,” the statement continues.
In October, Adele was set to kick off her sold-out 10 city tour of the U.S. on Oct. 7, but announced that she would be unable to perform due to a vocal chord hemorrhage. She also canceled a performance at the Q Awards in London on Oct. 24. She won two awards at the event.
Now, due to her surgery, shows in the U.K. in November will also be canceled. Ticketholders will receive a refund for their purchase.
A full list of the canceled shows is below:
October 7 – Atlantic City, NJ – Borgata Spa
October 8 – Durham, NC – Performing Arts Center
October 10 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
October 11 – Asheville, NC – Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
October 13 – Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live
October 14 – Miami, FL – Waterfront Theatre
October 16 – Atlanta, GA – Fox Theatre
October 18 – Spring, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
October 19 – Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
October 21 – Grand Prairie, TX – Verizon Theatre
November 7 – Wolverhampton – Civic Hall
November 8 – Wolverhampton – Civic Hall
November 10 – Blackpool – Empress Ballroom
November 12 – Bournemouth – BIC
November 14 – Cardiff – Motorpoint Arena
November 15 – Plymouth – Pavillions
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera