Adele Gives Birth to First Child
The Grammy-winning songstress welcomes a son with beau Simon Konecki.
Adele has welcomed her first child, a son, with beau Simon Konecki.
Us Weekly reports that the 24-year-old Grammy winner gave birth to "healthy baby boy." There were no other details on the birth and the baby's name.
Adele announced her pregnancy on her website in June, writing: "I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we’re over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time. Yours always, Adele xx."
Adele's blockbuster breakup album 21 -- written about a guy she dated before Konecki, who runs the water charity Drop4Drop -- has sold over 22 million copies worldwide to date and was the No. 1 Album of 2011, as well as the No. 1 best-selling digital album of all time.
The British powerhouse swept both the Grammys and the BRIT Awards this year, walking away with six Grammy’s including Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year.
Before giving birth, Adele recorded the theme song for the new Bond film Skyfall, and according to Us Weekly, has been working on a new album inspired by new motherhood.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay