Adele Reveals Plans for Third Album -- or Lack Thereof
The singer, named Billboard’s Artist of the Year, admits that she “hasn’t even thought” about her next release.
Adele has enjoyed a banner year full of awards, critical praise, accolades and a top-selling album. Conversely, the Brit also was forced to cancel her tour and undergo throat surgery to remove a benign polyp. Still, Adele’s 21 took 2011 by storm and landed the singer the honor of Billboard’s artist of the year.
The 2009 Grammy Award winning best new artist, still on vocal rest, answered a slew of questions via e-mail for the music mag (and sister publication to The Hollywood Reporter). Among the topics discussed was the highly anticipated follow up to her coveted sophomore effort.
“I’m really looking forward to some time to do nothing,” the 23-year-old said. “I imagine I’ll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven’t even thought about my third record yet. I’m just gonna lay some concrete, set up home and just ‘be’ for a bit. I’ll disappear and come back with a record when it’s good enough. There will be no new music until it’s good enough and until I’m ready.”
Asked whether she’s begun writing any new songs for her next professional effort, Adele quips, “Nope!”
So don’t wear out those 21 CD’s just yet, as it looks like fans will have to wait a few years for any new material. On the bright side, Adele expects her voice to be back up to par by February, though rescheduled dates from her cancelled tour have yet to be announced.
Also slated for February are the 54th annual Grammy Awards, airing live on CBS Feb. 12. Adele is nominated for six awards, including album of the year, as well as song and record of the year for "Rolling in the Deep."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"