Adele Slated to Perform at Brit Awards
The singer, who had vocal cord surgery in November, is nominated for three awards.
The sweet sounds of Adele’s voice in a live performance may be back sooner than anyone expected.
The 23-year-old English singer will perform at the Brit awards in London on Feb. 21, it was announced. She is also nominated for three awards, including British Album of the Year. She is also nominated for British Female Solo Artist and British Single for “Someone Like You.”
On Thursday, when the nominations were announced, she tweeted, “ f--king happy, thank you for the nods.”
But the Feb. 21 event may not be her first time back on stage after her vocal cord surgery. Sources say there’s a good chance that she will perform at the Grammys, which take place on Feb 12. The singer also tweeted that she is looking forward to the Grammys. She is nominated for six awards at the event.
In early October, Adele was set to kick off her sold-out 10 city tour of the U.S. on Oct. 7, but announced that she would be unable to perform due to a vocal cord hemorrhage. She also canceled a performance at the Q Awards in London on Oct. 24. She underwent surgery to stop bleeding from a benign polyp in her vocal cords.
“Singing is literally my life, it’s my hobby, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or I risk damaging my voice forever,” Adele wrote in a lengthy note to her fans about her reoccurring illness.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR