Adele Postpones Tour Dates Due to Laryngitis
The British singer’s “illness worsened” this past weekend, says spokesperson.
British singer Adele has hit a low note: The 23-year-old Grammy winner has postponed five dates on her North America tour because she has laryngitis.
In a statement Monday, Columbia Records said Adele was diagnosed last Thursday in Minneapolis, where doctors ordered immediate rest.
Her show was scrapped and rescheduled for June 22.
Though she performed in Denver this past Saturday, her show in Salt Lake City on Sunday was nixed at the last minute "when her illness worsened."
The tour will resume June 4 in San Francisco.
Performances in Seattle, Portland, Ore., and Vancouver, British Columbia, also have been rescheduled.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR