Adele Song Covered By Military Band Becomes Web Sensation (Video)
The Air National Guard band Sidewinder gets flooded with media attention for their version of “Rolling In The Deep.”
In what looks to be another YouTube sensation, the Air National Guard band Sidewinder has been swept up in a flurry of media attention after their video covering Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” caught the eye and ear of the public and media on Monday.
The video was first posted on AreYouSurprised’s YouTube channel, which hosts a series of videos from an anonymous military man who talks about his plans to come out to friends and family following the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
The frontwoman with the amazing voice, Staff Sergeant Angie Johnson, has been updating her fans on the band’s rapidly growing media attention.
“I keep thinking I'm going to cry and then laughing in hysteria! Is this really happening?” she wrote after finding out that Carson Daly was trying to contact her. “It's 5:45 a.m. where I am and I haven't slept all night. This is insane!”
“Totally can't believe I'm tweeting with you right now. Jaw.On.Floor.” she wrote to Carson Daly on Twitter.
Johnson also wrote that Good Morning America had contacted the band, and that their song had appeared on radio and TV stations in the last couple of days.
Sidewinder is the 571st Air National Guard Band of the Central States Rock Band, and is stationed at Lambert International Airport in St. Louis, Missouri as part of the 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, according to their Facebook site.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)