NBC Announces Adele’s First Network TV Special
The program will feature performances of her hits "Someone Like You" and "Rolling In The Deep," along with an exclusive sit-down with Matt Lauer.
After a huge year, Adele will be featured in her first-ever TV special, NBC's Adele Live in London.
The program will include six performances from the Grammy-winning singer’s Adele Live at The Royal Albert Hall, plus an exclusive sit-down with Today host Matt Lauer.
In her interview with Lauer, she recaps a whirlwind year, following the release of her sophomore album, 21.
“We are thrilled to partner with Adele on her first-ever network special and are excited to give our viewers an opportunity to see this truly phenomenal artist perform live, in her hometown, from the historic Royal Albert Hall in London,” said Doug Vaughan, SVP of special programs and late night for NBC.
Her successful album 21 has sold over 22 million copies worldwide to date and was the #1 Album of 2011, as well as the #1 best-selling digital album of all time.
The British powerhouse swept both the Grammy’s and the BRIT Awards this year, walking away with six Grammy’s including Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year.
Adele was also named Billboard and iTune’s “Artist of the Year,” and was recognized as one of Time Magazine’s “100 most influential people.”
The one-hour NBC program will air on Sunday, June 3 at 8p.m. ET.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR