Adele Opens Up About Vocal Cord Surgery on '60 Minutes' (Video)
In an interview with Anderson Cooper, the singer said she used phone applications to communicate and "to swear" while recovering last year.
Adele is opening up about being sidelined due to vocal cord surgery last November on CBS newsmagazine 60 Minutes.
In a preview released Wednesday, the 23-year-old singer told Anderson Cooper that it was difficult not to speak one word during a five-week period late last year following the surgery.
"It was really hard," she admitted, before confessing that she loved "talking." So how did she overcome it? By writing on notepads and using phone applications.
"I also had an application on my phone. You type the words into it and then it speaks it," said Adele. "The great thing is, because I love to swear -- most of them you can't swear -- I found this one app whre you can swear, so I'm still getting my point across."
In early November, the singer had surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston to stop bleeding on a benign polyp on her vocal cords after canceling the rest of her U.K. and U.S. tours.
Last week, it was announced that the "Someone Like You" star will perform during the Grammy Awards on Sunday, marking her first time singing live in months.
The full 60 Minutes interview airs Sunday at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
Watch the preview below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead