Adele Opens Up About Vocal Cord Surgery on '60 Minutes' (Video)
In an interview with Anderson Cooper, the singer said she used phone applications to communicate and "to swear" while recovering last year.
Adele is opening up about being sidelined due to vocal cord surgery last November on CBS newsmagazine 60 Minutes.
In a preview released Wednesday, the 23-year-old singer told Anderson Cooper that it was difficult not to speak one word during a five-week period late last year following the surgery.
"It was really hard," she admitted, before confessing that she loved "talking." So how did she overcome it? By writing on notepads and using phone applications.
"I also had an application on my phone. You type the words into it and then it speaks it," said Adele. "The great thing is, because I love to swear -- most of them you can't swear -- I found this one app whre you can swear, so I'm still getting my point across."
In early November, the singer had surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston to stop bleeding on a benign polyp on her vocal cords after canceling the rest of her U.K. and U.S. tours.
Last week, it was announced that the "Someone Like You" star will perform during the Grammy Awards on Sunday, marking her first time singing live in months.
The full 60 Minutes interview airs Sunday at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
Watch the preview below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack