Adele's Publicist Gets a Promotion
Columbia Records' Benny Tarantini has been upped to senior vice president of publicity and will now oversee the department.
Columbia Records PR executive Benny Tarantini has been promoted to senior vp. In his new role, he will oversee the label's publicity department, it was announced on Jan. 23. He reports to evp and GM Joel Klaiman.
Tarantini was previously vp of publicity, handling such artists as Adele, who, in two years, sold 10 million copies of her Grammy-winning album 21, Foster the People, MGM and One Direction. He arrived at Columbia in 2003 from Jive Records, where he worked on campaigns for Britney Spears, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake and Buddy Guy among others. He first joined the Sony family in 1996 at Epic Records Group.
“Benny has played an important role in the success of many Columbia artist projects over the years,” said Columbia chairman and CEO Rob Stringer in announcing the appointment. “He and his staff have a clear understanding of the artist development process vital to our continued success.”
Added Tarantini: “I want to thank Rob and Joel for their support and leadership. I am honored to take on this new role. The Columbia team’s tenacious spirit and track record, coupled with some great music on the horizon, makes this a really exciting time.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR