A&E Renews 11 Series, Launches 10
New offerings include spin-off "Storage Wars: Dallas," and multi-night television event "Coma" from Ridley and Tony Scott.
A&E will renew 11 series and launch 10 new ones, the network announced Wednesday.
The network also greenlights the multi-night television event Coma from Ridley and Tony Scott.
Capitalizing on the ratings of Storage War, which averaged 2.8 million total viewers per episode, the network is ordering eight episodes of spin-off Storage Wars: Dallas.
A&E is also picking up InLaws, Ship Happens and Boar Hunters. The network is in development on more than 40 original series concepts, including projects from Ryan Seacrest, Ryan Murphy, Mark Burnett and Who Wants to Be a Millionaires' Michael Davies.
“Last year marked an unprecedented seventh consecutive year of growth at A&E, the longest growth streak in cable,” says Bob DeBitetto, president and general manager of A&E Network and BIO Channel in a statement. “Our new development slate remains true to our unique brand of authentic, dramatic and emotional storytelling, will ensure that we maintain our position as a premium entertainment network and drive our continued growth for the coming year.”
Returning series include Beyond Scared Straight, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Hoarders, Intervention and Parking Wars.
Read the full list of series after the jump:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10