Aereo Secures $34 Million in Additional Financing
Gordon Crawford and Himalaya Capital Management are among the investors.
Aereo, Inc. has closed a $34 million Series C round of financing, the company announced on Tuesday.
IAC, media investor Gordon Crawford and Himalaya Capital Management, and existing investors Highland Capital Partners, FirstMark Capital and others contributed to the round of financing.
"Aereo experienced tremendous growth in 2013 and we expect 2014 to be another blockbuster year,” said Aereo CEO and founder Chet Kanojia. “Last year at this time, Aereo was launched in only New York City. Today, Aereo is available in 10 markets and will grow to 15 by the end of the quarter. In 2013, we also launched our first native app for Android, made improvements to enhance the user experience and more than doubled our employee headcount. Consumers are craving choice and options, and as a result, we continue to see explosive growth across all our markets."
Kanojia will make the official announcement about the financing on Wednesday at 9:45 a.m. PT. It can be live streamed here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)