AFI Confers Honorary Degrees on Spike Lee, Helen Mirren, Rich Frank
Trio's contributions to film hailed at commencement ceremonies
The American Film Institute conferred honorary degrees upon producer Richard Frank, director Spike Lee and actress Helen Mirren at the AFI Conservatory’s commencement ceremonies for its 2011 graduating class on Wednesday.
Frank, an AFI trustee since 1991, was presented with a Doctorate of Communication Arts by USA Network co-president Jeff Wachtel.
Lee was honored with a Doctorate of Fine Arts by AFI trustee Tom Pollock, co-founder of the Montecito Picture Co.
Mirren also received a Doctorate of Fine Arts, which was presented to her by Sony Corp. chairman and CEO Howard Stringer, who also chairs the AFI board of trustees.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR