AFI Confers Honorary Degrees on Spike Lee, Helen Mirren, Rich Frank
Trio's contributions to film hailed at commencement ceremonies
The American Film Institute conferred honorary degrees upon producer Richard Frank, director Spike Lee and actress Helen Mirren at the AFI Conservatory’s commencement ceremonies for its 2011 graduating class on Wednesday.
Frank, an AFI trustee since 1991, was presented with a Doctorate of Communication Arts by USA Network co-president Jeff Wachtel.
Lee was honored with a Doctorate of Fine Arts by AFI trustee Tom Pollock, co-founder of the Montecito Picture Co.
Mirren also received a Doctorate of Fine Arts, which was presented to her by Sony Corp. chairman and CEO Howard Stringer, who also chairs the AFI board of trustees.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR