AFI Fest: The 8 Films On Everyone's Radar
Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar" is among the 2011 festival's brightest contenders.
I like to think of ourselves as the festival that kicks off awards season," says festival director jacqueline lyanga, who oversees the American Film Institute's annual cinema smorgasbord, which this year will feature the world premiere of J.Edgar, directed by AFI Life Achievement Award recipient Clint Eastwood. The screening represents a special coup for the festival, which runs Nov. 2 through Nov. 10 in theaters in Hollywood. "The film has been on everyone's radar, and the timing was perfect for us," adds Lyanga. Last year's lineup featured such Academy Award winners as The King's Speech and Black Swan, so Oscar predictors will be watching closely. Here are eight more films generating buzz.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR