AFI Fest Conversations to Feature Steve McQueen, Annette Bening
A Young Hollywood panel will feature Michael B. Jordan, Greta Gerwig and Miles Teller, among others.
AFI Fest has announced its Conversations program, which will include presentations with 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen and The Face of Love actress Annette Bening.
Additionally, a Young Hollywood roundtable will feature Dane DeHaan (Kill Your Darlings), Greta Gerwig (Frances Ha), Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale Station), Brie Larson (Short Term 12) and Miles Teller (The Spectacular Now). The panel will take place on Friday, Nov. 8, at 7:30 p.m. at the TCL Chinese 6.
McQueen, whose powerful film about a free black man abducted into slavery has been a critical and box-office success, will have his presentation on Sunday, Nov. 10, at 7 p.m. at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Bening, who next will star in Arie Posen’s The Face of Love, will speak about the process of making that film, along with highlights of her career, on Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 5 p.m. at the Egyptian Theatre.
AFI also announced a list of guests who are expected to attend the festival, which runs Nov. 7-14 in Hollywood. They include filmmakers Ben Russell (A Spell to Ward Off the Darkness), Yuval Adler (Bethlehem), Aharon Keshales (Big Bad Wolves), Navot Papushado (Big Bad Wolves), Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin), Drake Doremus (Breathe In), Dean Fleischer-Camp (Catherine), Calin Peter Netzer (Child's Pose), Rick Rosenthal (Drones), Joanna Hogg (Exhibition), Yeon Sang-Ho (The Fake), Louise Archambault (Gabrielle), Sebastian Lelio (Gloria), Paulo Sorrentino (The Great Beauty), Eli Roth (The Green Inferno), Emir Baigazin (Harmony Lessons), Amat Escalante (Heli), Kang Yi-Kwan (Juvenile Offender), Hirokazu Kore-Eda (Like Father, Like Son), Rithy Panh (The Missing Picture), Katrin Gebbe (Nothing Bad Can Happen), Hany Abu-Assad (Omar), Ezequiel Radusky (The Owners), Agustin Toscano (The Owners), Asghar Farhadi (The Past), Ti West (The Sacrament) and Clio Barnard (The Selfish Giant).
AFI Fest, produced by the American Film Institute and presented by Audi, runs Nov. 7-14. This year's lineup includes the world premiere of Scott Cooper’s Out of the Furnace, and the North American premiere of John Lee Hancock’s Saving Mr. Banks, which is opening the fest. Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis will close.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!