AFI Fest: 'Out of the Furnace' Added to the Lineup
The festival also has scheduled galas for "Nebraska" and "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."
AFI Fest has added three Centerpiece Galas to its slate. It also lost one gala slot that was originally given to Sony Pictures Classics’ Foxcatcher, whose release was moved last week to 2014.
The new additions include the world premiere of Scott Cooper’s Out of the Furnace, starring Christian Bale and Casey Affleck; Alexander Payne’s Nebraska, which will be accompanied by a tribute to its star Bruce Dern, who was named best actor at this year’s Cannes Film Festival; and Ben Stiller’s The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which will first play the New York Film Festival. All the galas will take place at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
“Our Centerpiece Galas reflect the diverse cinematic experience at AFI Fest, from our smaller independent films to larger studio releases. We are thrilled to have the world premiere of Out of the Furnace; to honor the legendary Bruce Dern for his outstanding career and his brilliant performance in Nebraska; and to take the audience on a journey with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” said AFI Fest director Jacqueline Lyanga.
AFI Fest, produced by the American Film Institute and presented by Audi, runs from Nov. 7-14. As previously announced, it will open with the North American premiere of John Lee Hancock’s Saving Mr. Banks and close with Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws