Anthony Hopkins' 'Hitchcock' to Open AFI Fest
The Fox Searchlight film also stars Helen Mirren and Scarlett Johansson.
Sacha Gervasi's Hitchcock will make its world premiere on Nov. 1 as the opening-night film of the AFI Fest 2012.
The Fox Searchlight film, headlining Anthony Hopkins as iconic filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, is based on Stephen Rebello's book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho and stars Helen Mirren as Hitchcock's wife Alma Reville and Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh and James D'Arcy as Anthony Perkins.
Searchlight announced earlier this month that it will open Hitchcock in theaters on Nov. 23, in time for awards consideration. The movie's high-profile cast also includes Jessica Biel, Toni Collette, Danny Huston and Michael Stuhlbarg.
John J. McLaughlin wrote the adapted screenplay. Ivan Reitman, Tom Pollock and Joe Medjuck of the Montecito Picture Company produced alongside Tom Thayer and Alan Barnette.
"AFI's history with Aflred Hitchcock is a proud one, from a master seminar at the AFI Conservatory in 1970 to his receiving the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award in 1979," said AFI president-CEO Bob Gazzale.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR