AFI Fest Sets Dates For 2013 Edition
The American Film Institute's film festival, which will run from Nov. 7-14, is now accepting submissions.
AFI Fest 2013 will run from Nov. 7-14, the festival announced Tuesday.
The American Film Institute’s annual film festival, presented by Audi, will once again take place at the TCL Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres at the Hollywood & Highland Center, the Egyptian Theatre of the American Cinematheque and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
Submissions are now open for filmmakers to submit narrative, documentary, experimental, animated and short films to AFI.com/AFIFEST or through Withoutabox.com. The final submission deadline for short films (under 30 minutes) is Aug. 2, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences recognizes AFI Fest as a qualifying festival for the short films category of the annual Academy Awards. The final submission deadline for feature-length films is Aug. 16. Films found solely through the submissions process are presented in the festival's Breakthrough section, providing an opportunity for new filmmakers to share their vision with the world and receive a $5,000 cash prize.
Filmmakers can e-mail programming@AFI.com or call 866.AFI.FEST for more information about the submissions process.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR