AFM 2011: Bloomage Takes ‘Hansel and Gretel in 3D’ for Korea
UPDATED: The new take on the Grimm Brothers fairy tale, from The Institute, is set to begin production next year.
Los Angeles – Bloomage Co. has taken all Korean rights to Hansel and Gretel in 3D, a new live-action take on the classic Grimm Brothers fairy tale being produced by production outfit The Institute.
The feature, which will add mythical monsters and an action-driven plotline to the story of the witch-burning siblings, is set to begin production early next year. Scott Gardenhour is producing together with Kira Madallo Sesay of Kalliope Films, who also penned the script.
Bloomage is quickly becoming a distributor to watch in Korea, having bowed such features as The Time Traveler’s Wife in the territory. The group recently picked up Korean rights to Cloud Atlas, the big-budget drama from Tom Tykwer and Andy and Lana Wachowski starring Tom Hanks and Halle Berry, which is currently shooting in Studio Babelsberg in Berlin.
Update: An earlier version of this story said that Michael Bay is a producer. He is not involved.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR