AFM 2011: Myriad Pictures Takes on 'A Common Man,' Starring Ben Kingsley
The thriller, set in Sri Lanka, also stars Ben Cross as a cop trying to defuse a terrorist threat.
Myriad Pictures has signed with Asia Digital Entertainment to distribute the action thriller A Common Man, starring Ben Kingsley and Ben Cross.
Set in Colombo, Sri Lanka, the feature stars Kingsley has a man who has planted five bombs throughout the city that will explode unless four terrorists are released from prison. Cross is a member of the police department trying to counter the threat.
Chandran Rutnam (The Road to Elephant Pass) directed the feature, which recently completed production.
A production of Asia Digital Entertainment, the film was produced by Manohan Nanayakkara, B.S. Radha Krishnan and Rutnam. Executive producers are Paul Mason and Jon Sheinberg. The deal with Myriad was arranged by Mason and The Movie Machine’s Sheinberg.
Myriad CEO Kirk D’Amico, who is settling the title at the AFM, said, “Ben Kingsley is a very big star internationally and the film has the right components buyers look for – a big star with a lot of action. We’re excited to be handling the film for Paul and his team.”
Kingsley, repped by CAA and ITA, will be seen in the upcoming Hugo. Cross, repped by manager Jeff Golberg, recently co-starred with John Cusack in War, Inc.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR