AFM 2011: Sycamore Entertainment Group Takes U.S. Rights to Tammi Sutton's 'Isle of Dogs'
The horror movie, starring Andrew Howard, will be released in the first quarter of 2012.
Sycamore Entertainment Group, headed by CEO Edward Sylvan, has picked up Tammi Sutton’s horror feature Isle of Dogs for its first entry into the U.S. distribution market.
Written by Sean Hogan and executive produced by Andrea Fellers, the movie stars Andrew Howard, who appeared in Limitless and The Hangover Part II, and it was named best thriller feature film at the recent Shriekfest.
"Isle of Dogs is exactly the kind of edgy genre films that we are interested in,” Sylvan said. “We’re very excited to be working with a successful genre director like Tammi who has already built up a career and a loyal audience in the horror market.”
Sylvan founded the publicly traded Sycamore Entertainment Group in 2010 to focus on hybrid P&A and full service distribution deals. It plans to release Dogs in the first quarter of 2012 in association with Robert Dudelson’s DreamFactory Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR