AFM 2011: Latest Rob Reiner Film Gets New Title
"Summer at Dog Dave's" becomes "The Summer of Monte Wildhorn."
Rob Reiner's latest project, which is being sold to international territories at AFM and will also soon screen for U.S. distributors, has a new title: The Summer of Monte Wildhorn.
It was previously known as Summer at Dog Dave's after originally being known as The Third Act. The new title is a reference to the character played by Morgan Freeman who stars in the movie with Virginia Madsen.
Reiner, who co-wrote the screenplay, announced the new title here at an industry conversation at AFM Sunday.
The story focuses on a once famous, wheelchair-bound writer of Western novels (Freeman) who tries to rediscover his talent in a rural town after years of alcoholism. In the process, he becomes involved in the lives of three daughters and their mother (Madsen), who is going through a divorce.
Reiner told THR that the film would screen for U.S. distributors on Dec 6 and 7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10