AFM 2012: Download THR's Day 5 'Daily'
In day 5 of THR's AFM Daily, industry execs weigh in on how the new regime in China and the U.S. elections will affect the future of co-prods between the two countries, Myriad's Al Pacino starrer "Imagine" sells to multiple territories, and Myriad moves forward with the romantic comedy "Relanxious."
Will China’s New Regime Embrace Hollywood?
By the week's end, Xi Jinping will have been anointed China's new leader, while the White House will have gone to Barack Obama or Mitt Romney, both of whom have spent the past few months pledging to take measures to counter increasing Chinese clout in the global economic arena. While political analysts are at pains to offer their views about how changes in Beijing and Washington might affect international geopolitics, AFM attendees appear to be more sanguine about their future, saying the development of Sino-American co-productions and the opening up of the Chinese market will not be affected by the changing of the guard on both sides of the Pacific.
Mister Smith Closes Multiple Territories on Al Pacino-Jeremy Renner Drama 'Imagine'
AFM buyers are daring to Imagine, as Mister Smith Entertainment locked down multiple territories for the new drama starring Al Pacino, Jeremy Renner and Julianne Moore. Mister Smith -- the new production and sales joint venture launched this year by ex-Summit Entertainment executive David Garrett and German mini-major Constantin Film -- sealed deals for Imagine with eOne for the U.K. and Benelux, with Roadshow Films for Australia/New Zealand, TF1 for France, Nordisk for Scandinavia, Mediapro for Eastern Europe, Imagem Filmes for Latin America, Pioneer in the Philippines and United King for Israel. Read more.
Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis' 'Relanxious' Moving Forward
Relationship comedy Relanxious -- starring Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis -- is moving forward. Myriad Pictures announced Saturday it is shopping The Allegiance Theater project to foreign buyers at the American Film Market after picking up international rights. Read more.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)