AFM 2012: Entertainment One Takes 'Blood Of Redemption' for North America
VMI Worldwide also sells the actioner starring Dolph Lundgren and Vinnie Jones to Germany, Japan, Russia and the U.K.
Entertainment One has snatched up North American rights to Blood of Redemption, an action thriller featuring Expendables 2 star Dolph Lundgren and Vinnie Jones (The Tomb) from VMI Worldwide.
The film marks the second VMI title eOne has picked up out of this year's AFM, following an earlier deal for Scorched Earth, a postapocalyptic action thriller directed by Brad Turner (24) and starring Sean Bean, which eOne nabbed for the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Australia and Scandinavia.
Bridge Rights has snatched multiple territories for the title, which Giorgio Serafini (Game of Death) will direct, taking France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia and Benelux. VMI also notched up international sales for the title for the U.K. (Anchor Bay), Germany (KSM), Japan (Klockworx); Eastern Europe (Daro), Russia (Carmen Film) and the Middle East (Phoenica).
A revenge tale, Blood of Redemption pits a criminal family against both the sins of their past and their present-day enemies. Gianni Capaldi is producing with VMI’s Andre Relis and Brittany Bowen as executive producers. Shooting on Blood of Redemption is set to start in January.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws