AFM 2012: Entertainment One Takes 'Blood Of Redemption' for North America
VMI Worldwide also sells the actioner starring Dolph Lundgren and Vinnie Jones to Germany, Japan, Russia and the U.K.
Entertainment One has snatched up North American rights to Blood of Redemption, an action thriller featuring Expendables 2 star Dolph Lundgren and Vinnie Jones (The Tomb) from VMI Worldwide.
The film marks the second VMI title eOne has picked up out of this year's AFM, following an earlier deal for Scorched Earth, a postapocalyptic action thriller directed by Brad Turner (24) and starring Sean Bean, which eOne nabbed for the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Australia and Scandinavia.
Bridge Rights has snatched multiple territories for the title, which Giorgio Serafini (Game of Death) will direct, taking France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia and Benelux. VMI also notched up international sales for the title for the U.K. (Anchor Bay), Germany (KSM), Japan (Klockworx); Eastern Europe (Daro), Russia (Carmen Film) and the Middle East (Phoenica).
A revenge tale, Blood of Redemption pits a criminal family against both the sins of their past and their present-day enemies. Gianni Capaldi is producing with VMI’s Andre Relis and Brittany Bowen as executive producers. Shooting on Blood of Redemption is set to start in January.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!