AFM 2012: eOne Gets 'Stung' From Celluloid Nightmares
The Canadian mini-major takes U.K., Canada, South Africa and Scandinavia for the monster feature from XYZ FIlms and The Rat Pack.
Entertainment One (eOne) has scooped up rights across its international footprint for Stung, a monster film involving giant wasps that XYZ FIlms (The Raid: Redemption) and German group The Rat Pack (The Wave) will co-produce.
The Canadian mini-major has prebought Stung for the U.K., Canada, South Africa and Scandinavia from Celluloid Nightmares, the international sales alliance between Celluloid Dreams and genre specialist XYZ.
Benni Diez, a visual supervisor on Lars von Trier's Melancholia, will direct Stung in his feature debut. The film, scripted by Adam Aresty, is set at a fancy garden party that turns into a nightmare after a swarm of wasps mutate into giant, buzzing killing machines. It's up to two catering staffers, Paul and Julia, to rescue the guests and save the day.
Stung is set to begin shooting in Europe in the spring. Casting is underway.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR