AFM 2012: Inuit 3D Film 'The Legend of Sarila' Sells to Germany, Russia, Israel
The family-friendly Arctic tale features the voice talents of Christopher Plummer and Rachelle Lefevre.
Cinema Management Group has sold Inuit 3D animated feature The Legend of Sarila to multiple international territories, signing deals at AFM with Germany's Telepool, Luxor in Russia and Israel's 5 Star Pictures.
Directed by Nancy Florence Savard (The Legend of the Christmas Tree) of 10th Ave Productions, Sarila follows three young Inuits who set off to save their clan from being destroyed by a evil shaman.
The voice cast includes Christopher Plummer, Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight) and Canadian pop star Elisapie Isaac.
CMG closed multiple deals for Sarila ahead of AFM, signing with Front Row Entertainment for distribution in the Middle East, Associated Euromedia for Turkey and Talent Epitome for China.
Nancy Florence is producing together with the production team of L.A.-based CarpeDiem’s production team, consisting of Marie-Claude Beauchamp, Paul Risacher and Normand Thauvette. Pierre Tremblay and Roger Harvey co-wrote the screenplay.
Sarila is in postproduction with Eric Lessard (Madagascar) acting as animation supervisor.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR