AFM 2012: Liam Neeson's 'A Walk Among the Tombstones' Secures Deals Around the World
Exclusive Media has closed a number of key territory deals for the thriller; Universal is distributing domestically.
Liam Neeson thriller A Walk Among the Tombstones is firming up its global assault.
Exclusive Media -- led by Alex Walton -- has announced a slew of territory deals for the film, which is being released domestically by Universal Pictures.
The news comes as Neeson's action pic Taken 2 continues to generate enormous returns at the worldwide box office, grossing $316.2 million to date, including nearly $200 million internationally.
“Liam Neeson is at the top of his game achieving worldwide box office success,” said Alex Walton, president of international sales and distribution for Exclusive. “This film [Tombstones] is a smart, gripping, edge of your seat thriller loaded with international appeal and we are thrilled with its performance so far.”
Written and directed by Scott Frank (Out of Sight, The Lookout), A Walk Among the Tombstones is based on the popular Matt Scudder book series written by Lawrence Block.
A former N.Y.P.D. cop who now works as an unlicensed private eye, Neeson's character is haunted by past mistakes, in addition to being a recovering alcoholic. He's hired to find the kidnapped wife of a drug dealer, and operates just outside the law as he pursues the kidnappers.
Producers are Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher via their company Double Feature Films, and Danny DeVito via his company Jersey Films. Exclusive is producing and financing alongside Cross Creek Pictures.
Exclusive has completed a multi-territory, all-rights deal with Alliance for Canada, the U.K. (Momentum) and Spain (Aurum), as well as deals with Pony Canyon for Japan, Metropolitan for France, Square One/Wild Bunch for Germany, Implus for Switzerland, Village Roadshow for Greece, Boomerang for South Korea, CDC for Latin America, Lusomondo for Portugal and Surreal for CIS + Baltic States.
Additional deals include Deltamac for Hong Kong, Myndform for Iceland, Tanweer for India, PT Amero for Indonesia, United King for Israel, Lotus Five Star for Malaysia, Front Row for Middle East, Cathay for Singapore, Nu Metro for South Africa, IPA Asia for Thailand, Serenity for Taiwan and Tanweer for Turkey.
Principal photography is set to begin on location in New York City in February.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!