AFM 2012: Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton Teaming on P.J. Hogan's 'And So It Goes'
Castle Rock Entertainment and Foresight Unlimited will shop the romantic comedy to foreign buyers at the upcoming American Film Market.
Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton are set to star in director P.J. Hogan's And So It Goes. Foresight Unlimited will finance and produce the project with Castle Rock Entertainment.
Mark Andrus (As Good As It Gets) penned the script, with production set to begin in late spring 2013. Foresight will shop the project to foreign buyers at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica, which runs Oct. 31-Nov. 7.
In the movie, Douglas will play a self-centered and eccentric realtor who couldn’t care less about anyone else, but when his estranged son suddenly drops off a granddaughter he never knew, his life is turned upside down. Now, with the help of his determined and loveable neighbor, Leah (Keaton), Oren stubbornly learns to care, and unexpectedly, to fall in love again.
“There’s a large demographic and need for these kind of films as evidenced by box office successes such as The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, It's Complicated and Bucket List,” said producer Alan Greisman said. “Diane and Michael are Hollywood legends who will shine in this hilarious and heartfelt story."
Greisman will produce alongside Rob Reiner Foresight's Mark Damon. Executive producers include Foresight's Tamara Birkemoe and Grant Cramer.
“Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas are a perfect pairing as eccentrics who refuse the idea of love until they are hopelessly, inextricably mired in it. How they react to late in life love is hilarious, but moving, entertaining, yet tearfully touching – I must say, I absolutely love this script,” Foresight’s Damon said.
Foresight’s current slate includes Peter Berg’s Lone Survivor starring Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster, Eric Bana and Emile Hirsch and 2 Guns starring Wahlberg and Denzel Washington, which is currently in post-production. Both films will be released in the U.S. by Universal in 2013 and are produced by Emmett/Furla and executive produced by Envision.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game