AFM 2012: Momentum Takes 'The Good People'
Corin Hardy will direct the fairytale horror movie, which Altitude Film is selling at AFM.
Momentum Pictures has acquired U.K. rights to Corin Hardy’s The Good People, a fairytale horror story being shopped to AFM buyers by U.K.-based sales outfit Altitude Film Sales.
Co-written by Hardy and Olga Barreneche and described as The Strangers meets Pan's Labyrinth, the film follows a molecular geneticist who moves with his family to a mill house in the Irish countryside. But lurking in the woods is a horde of demonic creatures, and soon the family must fight for their survival.
Producers are Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino of Occupant Entertainment, who produced the sleeper horror title All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. Occupant is handling U.S. sales for Good People together with ICM.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'