AFM 2012: Momentum Takes 'The Good People'
Corin Hardy will direct the fairytale horror movie, which Altitude Film is selling at AFM.
Momentum Pictures has acquired U.K. rights to Corin Hardy’s The Good People, a fairytale horror story being shopped to AFM buyers by U.K.-based sales outfit Altitude Film Sales.
Co-written by Hardy and Olga Barreneche and described as The Strangers meets Pan's Labyrinth, the film follows a molecular geneticist who moves with his family to a mill house in the Irish countryside. But lurking in the woods is a horde of demonic creatures, and soon the family must fight for their survival.
Producers are Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino of Occupant Entertainment, who produced the sleeper horror title All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. Occupant is handling U.S. sales for Good People together with ICM.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR