AFM 2012: Oi Leng Lui and Peta Browne Join uConnect
The Belgian-based studio is at AFM with “The Best Offer” starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
SANTA MONICA – Belgium sales group uConnect has named two new hires – bringing on former AV Pictures sales and acquisitions executive Oi Leng Lui as Sales Manager and Peta Browne, formerly of Omega Entertainment and Cobalt, to be the company's new Head of Marketing.
The appointments were announced Saturday by uConnect head Peter Rogers. The company is the international sales arm of Belgian production and distribution group uMedia, which co-produced Oscar-winner The Artist and the upcoming Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace of Monaco.
uConnect’s top title at this AFM is The Best Offer, a romantic drama written and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore (Cinema Paradiso) and starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess. Warner Bros. will bow The Best Offer in Italy in January and the studio also has the film for Germany and Austria. Transmission has taken Australian rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game