AFM 2012: Roskino, Gravitas Ventures Sell Russian Titles to Hulu
Hulu will take 12 Russian films from Roskino's catalog for VOD release in November.
Russian state-run film promotion body Roskino and U.S.based Gravitas Ventures have signed a package deal with Hulu that will see the online video service take 12 Russian films for its streaming service.
Hulu will release the titles on its main and Hulu Plus services in November on its International Movies section.
"We are thrilled to offer new Russian cinema among Hulu's vibrant collection of great international films," said Roskino CEO Catherine Mtsitouridze. “This will mark the first time ever that a fine selection of Russian films will be available to a wider U.S. audience. It is a huge opportunity for our independent filmmakers to be exposed in such a way to the U.S. market.”
The package includes such acclaimed Russian features as Aleksei German MI's period war drama Paper Solider, which won the best director prize at the Venice Film Festival in 2008 and The Edge, a Siberian drama that was Russia's official entry for the foreign-language film Oscar in 2011.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR