AFM 2012: Roskino, Gravitas Ventures Sell Russian Titles to Hulu
Hulu will take 12 Russian films from Roskino's catalog for VOD release in November.
Russian state-run film promotion body Roskino and U.S.based Gravitas Ventures have signed a package deal with Hulu that will see the online video service take 12 Russian films for its streaming service.
Hulu will release the titles on its main and Hulu Plus services in November on its International Movies section.
"We are thrilled to offer new Russian cinema among Hulu's vibrant collection of great international films," said Roskino CEO Catherine Mtsitouridze. “This will mark the first time ever that a fine selection of Russian films will be available to a wider U.S. audience. It is a huge opportunity for our independent filmmakers to be exposed in such a way to the U.S. market.”
The package includes such acclaimed Russian features as Aleksei German MI's period war drama Paper Solider, which won the best director prize at the Venice Film Festival in 2008 and The Edge, a Siberian drama that was Russia's official entry for the foreign-language film Oscar in 2011.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills