AFM 2012: Roskino, Gravitas Ventures Sell Russian Titles to Hulu
Hulu will take 12 Russian films from Roskino's catalog for VOD release in November.
Russian state-run film promotion body Roskino and U.S.based Gravitas Ventures have signed a package deal with Hulu that will see the online video service take 12 Russian films for its streaming service.
Hulu will release the titles on its main and Hulu Plus services in November on its International Movies section.
"We are thrilled to offer new Russian cinema among Hulu's vibrant collection of great international films," said Roskino CEO Catherine Mtsitouridze. “This will mark the first time ever that a fine selection of Russian films will be available to a wider U.S. audience. It is a huge opportunity for our independent filmmakers to be exposed in such a way to the U.S. market.”
The package includes such acclaimed Russian features as Aleksei German MI's period war drama Paper Solider, which won the best director prize at the Venice Film Festival in 2008 and The Edge, a Siberian drama that was Russia's official entry for the foreign-language film Oscar in 2011.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!