AFM 2012: TomCat Films Does 'Trailerific' Promotion With YouToo
Arizona sales company’s series of tongue-in-cheek theatrical trailers will air on interactive online and cable TV service.
TomCat Films LLC, an Arizona-based production and international sales company, has signed a licensing deal with YouToo TV to carry a series of its tongue-in-cheek theatrical movie trailers.
YouToo TV is an interactive television network that makes content available both online on cable systems, including Verizon Fios, Comcast and Time Warner Cable in 177 of the top 200 U.S. TV markets, according to the company. It estimates it has an audience of 15 million viewers.
The TomCat series of trailers called Trailerific will promote their B-movies, including such titles as Thunderstorm: Return of Thor, Jurassic Shark and Lizzie Borden’s Revenge.
The first episode includes 5 trailers with a superhero theme where the audience can comment via video and text free of charge.
“These trailers are fun, campy and enjoyable at the same time, and that’s something you don’t necessarily see everywhere else,” says Chris Wyatt, CEO of YouToo TV. “We want to really expand the interactive experience and get viewers involved.”
YouToo TV works in association with Survivor producer Mark Burnett’s company VIMBY, (Video in My Backyard). Viewers can create an account online or using the YouToo TV app for mobile and tablets where they can upload video, pictures and text to appear on their television service.
Since YouToo TV’s launch in 2010, over 500,000 viewers have appeared on their television services, according to the company. They say they put 500 people on the network each day, showing 15-second “Fame Spot” videos and 30-second “peoplemercials” that can instantly be seen on their television service. YouToo TV edits the videos and chooses which to post.
TomCat Films produces low-budget films and licenses them worldwide. Their recent titles include Robin Hood: Ghosts of Sherwood and Disaster Wars.
TomCat Films LLC CEO Ted Chalmers said his company has “a very playful approach to marketing its features. YouToo’s Trailerific will celebrate our marketing style and provide exposure and promotion for our films amidst millions of users/viewers.”
Trailerific begins airing on YouToo TV on Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack