AFM 2012: Transmission Films Takes Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac' For Australia
The erotic epic stars Charlotte Gainsbourg, Shia LaBeouf, Stellan Skarsgard and Uma Thurman.
Transmission Films has picked up all rights in Australia and New Zealand to Lars von Trier’s hotly anticipated two-part erotic epic Nymphomaniac from sales group TrustNordisk.
Transmission did not handle von Trier's last production, Melancholia (2011) but released his Antichrist (2009) down under and, through distribution arm Dendy, also distributed Dogville (2003) in Australia/New Zealand.
Transmission's current slate also included Michael Haneke's Palme d'Or winner Amour and Andrea Arnold's re-imagining of Wuthering Heights (2011).
Nymphomaniac stars Charlotte Gainsbourg as a self-diagnosed Nymphomaniac. Stellan Skarsgard, Willem Dafoe, Shia LaBouef, Uma Thurman, Christian Slater and Jamie Bell are part of Nymphomaniac's all-star ensemble cast.
Von Trier is currently shooting the film, which will be released as two separate full-length features and in both soft and hard core versions.
TrustNordisk is continuing its presale effort for the title at AFM. Nymphomaniac has already nearly sold out worldwide, with previous deals for Germany (Concorde), France ((Les Films du Losange), UK/Ireland (Artificial Eye), CIS (Central Partnership) and Brazil (California Films).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR