AFM: Download THR's Day 3 'Daily'
In day 3 of THR's AFM Daily, Russell Crowe and Don Cheadle trumpet their projects to buyers, Reese Witherspoon and Robert De Niro circle "The Intern" and stand-up Russell Peters joins the buddy comedy "Three for the Road."
An unusually large number of actors and directors are turning up in Santa Monica this year to personally tout projects to foreign distributors in the hopes of finding precious financing. This practice certainly isn’t new, but it’s been increasing in intensity over the past two years as sales agents urge talent to take a more active role.
Robert De Niro is also circling the project. Scott Rudin is producing the independently financed film, which was originally set up at Paramount (the studio is no longer involved). Worldview Entertainment has come aboard to finance the comedy.
The Canadian funny man will play Jack, a 38-year-old geek whose fiancee dumps him during his Star Wars-themed wedding for being too immature. Looking to pick up his spirits, Jack's best friend Ben invites him to join him on a cross-country road trip with Ben's own fiancee (and Jack's nemesis), Kara. What was supposed to be romantic trip for two becomes a battle for Ben's affection between his best friend and his future wife.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR