AFM: Elton John, Tom Hardy Arrive in Santa Monica to Tout Biopic 'Rocketman'
Hardy will play the pop icon in the film, which the performer is executive producing.
Who cares about jet lag when you can have breakfast with Elton John and Tom Hardy?
The pop icon and star turned up at a Tuesday morning breakfast in Santa Monica to personally tout Rocketman, the Elton John biopic that will star Hardy. Leading foreign sales outfit Good Universe hosted the event on the eve of the American Film Market, where it will shop the project to international distributors.
About 100 foreign buyers attended the bash, held at the swank Bel-Air Bay Club.
John and Hardy, flanked by director Michael Gracey, talked about their hopes for the movie-musical, which John is executive producing. John also will rerecord many of his hits to parallel the emotional beats of the film.
Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish of Rocket Pictures are producing the biopic alongside Lawrence Bender for AI Films. Other executive producers include Len Blavatnik, Aviv Giladi and Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel.
Focus will release the film in the U.S. (Schlessel brought the project with him from FilmDistrict).
AFM runs Nov. 6-13 in Santa Monica.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR