AFM: Elton John, Tom Hardy Arrive in Santa Monica to Tout Biopic 'Rocketman'
Hardy will play the pop icon in the film, which the performer is executive producing.
Who cares about jet lag when you can have breakfast with Elton John and Tom Hardy?
The pop icon and star turned up at a Tuesday morning breakfast in Santa Monica to personally tout Rocketman, the Elton John biopic that will star Hardy. Leading foreign sales outfit Good Universe hosted the event on the eve of the American Film Market, where it will shop the project to international distributors.
About 100 foreign buyers attended the bash, held at the swank Bel-Air Bay Club.
John and Hardy, flanked by director Michael Gracey, talked about their hopes for the movie-musical, which John is executive producing. John also will rerecord many of his hits to parallel the emotional beats of the film.
Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish of Rocket Pictures are producing the biopic alongside Lawrence Bender for AI Films. Other executive producers include Len Blavatnik, Aviv Giladi and Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel.
Focus will release the film in the U.S. (Schlessel brought the project with him from FilmDistrict).
AFM runs Nov. 6-13 in Santa Monica.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least