AFM: Film Movement Nabs U.S. Rights to Sam Hoare's 'Having You'
The movie, which marks Hoare's debut indie feature, stars Romola Garai, Anna Friel and Andrew Buchan.
LONDON – Film Movement has inked a deal for U.S. rights to Sam Hoare's debut indie feature, Having You, which stars Romola Garai, Anna Friel and Andrew Buchan.
Buchan (Broadchurch) plays a thirty-something man surprised to discover he has a 7-year-old son from a long-forgotten one-night stand.
Film Movement inked the deal with U.K.-based sales and finance banner High Point on the eve of this year's American Film Market.
The movie is produced by Lucan Toh, Oliver Roskill and Emily Leo for Wigwam Films.
High Point Films & TV said the North American deal for the title is the latest in a line that includes Matchbox scooping up U.K. DVD rights following a pay TV deal with BSkyB and one with the BBC for free TV rights.
Other deals inked by High Point include Chellomedia for Film 1, The Netherlands; HBO for Eastern Europe and Viasat Film for TV1000, Scandinavia; and BBC Australia and Rialto Films have picked up Australia and New Zealand, respectively.
Toh said: "We have been incredibly encouraged by the ongoing response to Having You internationally, as it underlines our belief that independent British films can be relevant on a global scale. It's also fantastic to create a platform for British talent that allows them to find a voice beyond the U.K. market."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR