AFM: Image Entertainment Takes 'Drive Hard' for U.S.
The action feature from director Brian Trenchard-Smith stars John Cusack and Thomas Jane.
Image Entertainment has picked up all U.S. rights to action feature Drive Hard starring John Cusack and Thomas Jane from Voltage Pictures.
The feature, from Aussie director Brian Trenchard-Smith, just finished production in Australia and Image is planning a theatrical release for 2014.
“We’re thrilled to have another opportunity to work with John Cusack,” said Image acquisitions head Bill Bromiley, "The Numbers Station was a great acquisition for us, bringing us much success. This action film pushes limits, engaging audiences to new levels."
The plot of Drive Hard focuses on a mysterious thief (Cusack) who forces a former race driver turned instructor (Jane) to be his wheelman on a job, a job that ends up with the pair being chased across Australia's Gold Coast with the cops and the mob in pursuit.
Bromiley, Mark Ward and Michael Bayer of Image negotiated the deal with Network Pictures' Dan Grodnik.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR