AFM 2012: Download THR's Day 4 'Daily'
In day four of THR's AFM Daily, China struggles to crack the U.S. film market, Jude Law joins the cast of Werner Herzog's period drama "Queen of the Desert" and Gael Garcia Bernal boards the modern-day Western "The Ardor."
Chinese Films Struggle to Reach U.S.
AFM 2012 is abuzz with discussion about Hollywood's attempt to break into China -- the chatter ranging from debates over Iron Man 3's fortunes to the now-frequent announcements of recently inked co-production deals -- less attention is drawn to how Chinese films would, or could, attain a foothold in the U.S.
Jude Law Joining Herzog's Queen
Adding another title to its arsenal, Sierra/Affinity will represent foreign rights to Werner Herzog's Gertrude Bell biopic Queen of the Desert. Jude Law is joining the cast of the film, which headlines Naomi Watts as Bell and Robert Pattinson as T.E. Lawrence, otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia.
Gael Garcia Bernal Boards The Ardor
Gael Garcia Bernal, the star of Chilean Oscar hopeful No, is set to star alongside Alice Braga (I Am Legend) in The Ardor, a modern-day Western directed by Argentine helmet Pablo Fendrik.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)