AFM: RogueFlix Launches Millennial Filmmakers Fund
The action movie website and app plans to fund two or three productions per year targeted at young male audiences.
SANTA MONICA – RogueFlix, the action movie website and app launched last year by Bryan Duran and Larry Rodriguez, is ramping up its original content production with the launch of a new production fund at AFM.
With a budget of around $1.5 million, Millennial Filmmakers Production Fund plans to finance and produce two to three features a year, each budgeted at up to $500,000. The cash will be spent on development and production costs. RogueFlix will focus on up-and-coming filmmakers targetting RogueFlix's young male demographic. The fund will also offer marketing and distribution of the finished films via RogueFlix's online network. RogueFlix said the fund, further details of which will be unveiled in Cannes next year, is intended to complement the site's existing content licensing deals.
“Young Millennial filmmakers have embraced digital filmmaking and are telling stories that represent their generation which also appeals to broader audiences,” said Duran. “Armed with new technologies that have brought down the costs of digital cameras, special effects, computing power and distribution, these savvy new filmmakers can do it all.”
RogueFlix users can watch top Hollywood action films on the site via a program that links to Amazon content, but RogueFlix also licenses independent productions and produces some of its own content, though it has not yet produced a feature film. The group said the first project to be made under the fund was already in pre-production but declined to give further details.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park