AFM: Sony Pictures Classics Acquires Paul Haggis' 'Third Person'
The film, featuring a cast led by Liam Neeson, Kim Basinger and Adrien Brody, had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
Sony Pictures Classics has acquired U.S., German and Scandinavian rights to Third Person, written and directed by Paul Haggis.
Featuring a cast that includes Liam Neeson, Kim Basinger, Adrien Brody, James Franco, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis and Maria Bello, Third Person takes place in three cities -- Paris, Rome and New York -- and tells three seemingly unconnected tales.
"Paul Haggis is one of our great movie storytellers and Third Person is one of his best works featuring an exceptional cast led by Liam Neeson (also at his best). We are excited to bring Third Person to American audiences," Sony Pictures Classics said in a statement included in the announcement.
Michael Nozik of Hwy61 and Haggis produced the film, along with Paul Breuls of Corsan, which also financed the movie and is selling at AFM.
Third Person had its world premiere at this year's Toronto International Film Festival.
Sony Pictures Classics, CAA and Paradigm negotiated the deal.
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- After Oscar, What Happens to Lupita Nyong'o?
- 'The Walking Dead' Finale: Complete Coverage
- Chelsea Handler to End E! Show, Manager Says (Exclusive)
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR