AFM: Sony Pictures Classics Acquires Paul Haggis' 'Third Person'
The film, featuring a cast led by Liam Neeson, Kim Basinger and Adrien Brody, had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
Sony Pictures Classics has acquired U.S., German and Scandinavian rights to Third Person, written and directed by Paul Haggis.
Featuring a cast that includes Liam Neeson, Kim Basinger, Adrien Brody, James Franco, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis and Maria Bello, Third Person takes place in three cities -- Paris, Rome and New York -- and tells three seemingly unconnected tales.
"Paul Haggis is one of our great movie storytellers and Third Person is one of his best works featuring an exceptional cast led by Liam Neeson (also at his best). We are excited to bring Third Person to American audiences," Sony Pictures Classics said in a statement included in the announcement.
Michael Nozik of Hwy61 and Haggis produced the film, along with Paul Breuls of Corsan, which also financed the movie and is selling at AFM.
Third Person had its world premiere at this year's Toronto International Film Festival.
Sony Pictures Classics, CAA and Paradigm negotiated the deal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR