AFM: Susanne Bier to Helm 'A Second Chance' With 'Game of Thrones' Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
The drama, which Bier co-wrote with her "In a Better World" collaborator Anders Thomas Jensen, will be Coster-Waldau's first Danish-language starring role in more than a decade.
COLOGNE, Germany – Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will headline A Second Chance, the new Danish-language drama from Oscar winner Susanne Bier (In a Better World).
The drama, which will reteam the In a Better World screenwriting duo of Bier and Anders Thomas Jensen, will be produced by Sisse Graum Jorgensen for Zentropa Entertainments. TrustNordisk will handle international sales, with presales kicking off at the AFM in Santa Monica next week.
A Second Chance will be Coster-Waldau's first starring role in a Danish film in more than a decade, since Jannik Johansen's Stealing Rembrandt (2003) which, coincidentally, was also co-written by Jensen.
The actor, best known for playing Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones on HBO, has also appeared in Tom Cruise starrer Oblivion and in the Norwegian thriller Headhunters (2011). His next feature is the period epic Gods of Egypt from Summit. Coster-Waldau is repped by WME. Bier is with CAA.
TrustNordisk will announce the remainder of the cast in the coming weeks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR