AFM: Taylor Kitsch to Play Psycho Cop in 'Exit 147'
The "Battleship" and "Friday Nights Light" alum will star in the thriller from "Kinky Boots" director Julian Jarrold.
SANTA MONICA – Battleship star Taylor Kitsch has signed on to star in Exit 147, a thriller directed by British helmer Julian Jarrold (Becoming Jane) which Umedia is presenting to buyers at the AFM.
The Friday Night Lights alum will play a sadistic cop who stops a traveler driving through the desert at night and begins playing mind games with him. Jarrold, whose credits also include Kinky Boots and Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1974, will direct from a script by Travis Milloy (Pandorum). Production is set to begin in the second quarter of 2014. Mandalay Vision will produce with Umedia, providing financing and selling the project internationally.
Also on Umedia's AFM slate is the comedy-drama Dough, starring Jonathan Pryce as an old Jewish baker whose struggling business gets an unexpected boost when his young apprentice accidentally drops cannabis in the dough. John Goldschmidt is directing the feature, which is currently shooting in the U.K. and Hungary and which co-stars Phil Davis, Ian Hart and Pauline Collins.
Umedia is also handling world sales on the psychological horror title The Well, about a young woman trapped in the bottom of a dried-up well, which Misko Massanyi will direct from his own script. Production is set to start early next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR