AFM 2011: The Weinstein Co. Nabs British Comedic Drama 'Song for Marion'
The film, about a surly retiree who is pushed by his wife to join an unconventional local choir, stars Vanessa Redgrave, Terence Stamp, Gemma Arterton and Christopher Eccleston.
The Weinstein Co. is in final negotiations to pick up U.S. distribution rights to Song for Marion, a British comedic drama about a surly retiree who is pushed by his wife to join an unconventional local choir.
Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp star in the film, along with Gemma Arterton and Christopher Eccleston.
Paul Andrew Williams (London to Brighton) wrote and directed Song for Marion, which was produced by Steel Mill Pictures and Coolmore Productions. E1 Entertainment, which is selling the film at AFM, has distribution rights in the U.K., while Hopscotch will distribute in Australia.
In the London-set dramedy, the grumpy pensioner finds himself on a life-changing jounrney after joining the choir.
Steel Mill Pictures and Coolmore are producing with Egoli Tossell Film and Film House Germany.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR