AFM: The Works International To Handle Worldwide Sales for 'Lucky Them'
The U.K. sales and finance banner will present the Toni Collette starrer, which debuted during the Toronto Film Festival, to international buyers.
LONDON -- U.K.-based sales and finance banner The Works International will take on worldwide sales duties for the Toni Collette rom-com Lucky Them, which debuted at this year's Toronto Film Festival.
The British sales banner will tout the Megan Griffiths-directed project to international buyers during the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica.
Billed as a charming, funny, moving love story set within the world of Seattle's indie music scene, the film follows a veteran journalist for a struggling music magazine who reluctantly agrees to investigate the disappearance of a revered local musician who also happens to be her ex-boyfriend.
The deal was brokered between Clare Crean and Andy Ordonez of The Works International and John Sloss of Cinetic.
IFC has U.S. rights to the movie, which was written by Huck Botko and Emily Wachtel, produced by Wachtel, Amy Hobby and Adam Gibbs, and executive produced by Joanne Woodward and Peer Pedersen.
Thomas Haden Church, Ryan Eggold and Oliver Platt also star in Lucky Them.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR